Sunday, March 16, 2008

what the funk?


It seems like whenever we start worrying about something-- the kind of worry that is seeminly everywhere we turn, just when we're getting used to thinking bout it--the need to worry suddenly disappears. how. freakin. convenient. In any case, just when I had begun to think I was a perma-third wheel, I learned that maybe, I wasn't. Maybe others felt like THEY were joining ME. Well, whatever, as long as I'm not stuck on the outside looking in--I'd survive.
Today I got just the reality check I needed when I spent the night being silly and carefree with my best friend. From a crazy adventure to a little dirty talk, I felt liberated and free--The way we all should feel. Its an indescribable feeling when you just let go. I had to make a promise to myself: For the next two hours, I will let not a single judgement affect me. It ws hard, I made it all of about 20 minutes. So then I tried again. And again. Anda again. Finally I began to dance (literally danced, and not gave a shitless if the socially-whipped public laughed) and it felt natural and effortless. I worried about NOTHING. "wait, wait, wait...worrying about nothing? That is just irrespeonsible. You can't gain a single thing when you care about nothing!"--WRONG WRONG WRONG. You gain EVERYTHING when you worry about nothing. don't believe me? try it, you'll see. :)

No comments: